Our state-of-the-art technology, special electric motors operate also on high speed trains worldwide, to supply auxiliary systems on board.
SOGA Made in Italy electric motors for high speed trains are specifically engineered to meet the strictly severe requirements of the global rail industry, by powering on board auxiliary drives:
● Braking systems (managed by dedicated air-compressors)
● HVAC equipment (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning)
● Cooling units
● Other auxiliary systems
in accordance with standards: EN 60349-2 – NFF 65101 – EN 60034-1/14 – EN 60072 – EN 45545-2, serving international recognized societies.
They are completely customized asynchronous 3-phase electric motors designed by our R&D department upon on-demand specifications, suitable for inverter and having following main features:
● Squirrel cage, totally enclosed IP55-IP65, cast-iron or aluminium end-shields, aluminium housing
● Single-speed or double-speed
● Outputs class H (or F), over temperature class B
● Self-ventilated (IC411) or forced-ventilated (IC418)
● Reinforced windings by special treatments (VPI, encapsulation, tropicalization)
● Temperature probes
● Vibration threaded holes
● Special shafts dimensions and materials
● Hybrid/insulated bearings
● Terminal block, plug-in connectors or loose cables
● Highly balanced rotors
● Enhanced saline-mist protection against corrosion up to 1,000 hours
● Quality and control levels at highest peak on every stage of production for full safety
● Electrical and mechanical layout studied for best efficiency, low energy consumption, simple maintenance, durability. In 3 words: Reduced Investment Costs (on short and long term).
Installed on trains and undergrounds from Europe to Asia, from Australia to Americas, Soga electric motors are important components in connecting people and carry millions of products every day, covering continents and countries.
Our co-operation with the rail sector players is an achievement which we are extremely proud of, pushing us to never stop innovating by introducing new technical concepts and solutions advancing the industry of rotating electrical machines.
Full commitment, research, great passion: such a mix makes Soga electromechanical knowledge an expression of the best Made in Italy.