HIGH-EFFICIENCY TURBINES, USING THE RIGHT GENERATOR
In the wind-energy industry, the considered key-factor to compare the different kinds of turbines is represented by their efficiency. As a matter of fact, the best wind plants are the ones reaching the highest levels of efficiency, exploiting the wind force without energy losses and producing power even at low speeds.
For reaching excellence in performances, all the installed components are required to be developed aiming to efficiency.
The generator is one of the most relevant element to make a turbine. Current technological innovation aims to optimize its efficiency by extremely reducing the energy losses, with a consequent increase of the turbine productivity.
With our division Sogaenergies, we offer 22 models of multipole, radial flux synchronous permanent magnet generators with powers up to 300 kW on 7 sizes (EV180, EV225, EV315, EV400, EV560, EV710, EV900) working at variable speed and with direct-drive technology.
EV efficiencies are higher than the market average, ranking among the best ones today available with nominal levels higher than 95%, even improving if considered in the most probable area of their efficiency curve.
EV, ENGINEERED FOR BEST EFFICIENCY
On all EV generators, the optimization of efficiency is the result of our massive investment in engineering, focused on the search for the highest efficiency values in any technical feature, including design and also construction, through FEM simulations and most advanced laboratory tests.
● The core of EV generators consists of modules of permanent magnets that significantly reduce the rotor losses by allowing, at the same nominal power, to have higher efficiencies than a traditional wounded rotor generator.
● The unique patented ‘naked’ design of the stator lamination is studied to reduce losses.
● Thanks to such an extreme reduction of additional energy losses, the turbines can be cooled by natural ventilation, with no fan mounted on the axle; this contributes to improve still further its overall performance.
● Also the cogging torque value (activating the cut-in operation of the turbine at low wind speeds) is greatly reduced, enhancing the turbine productivity in terms of energy production.
● Focusing on the mechanical features, a deep effort has been applied on the choice of materials, as well as on the shaft and bearings sizing. Besides, we can extend our offering to a huge possibility of made to measure, custom dedicated executions.
Developed for direct-drive application, EV generators are connected to the blades hub with no need for a gear-box. Such a technology eliminates any related mechanical loss, revealing a much more performing solution compared to traditional induction generators.
THE RIGHT CHOICE TO GET YOUR RESULTS
Choosing EV generators by Sogaenergies means realizing wind turbines made to maximize efficiency and energy production at the same time, giving you certainty in terms of return on the investment (ROI).
EV, the right choice to get your results.